Jason Rinn’s Resume Download as Word Doc
A software engineer with a strong background in mobile app development and experience in training mobile app development.
Mobile App Development for 5 years
Windows shrinkwrap development for 4 years
Experienced in iOS SDK on both iPhone and iPad
Several Apps Submitted to the iOS App Store
UNIX Perl and POSIX Script development
Delivered developer training, in class and online
TESLA MOTORS, Palo Alto, CA 2011 – Present
Senior UI Developer
- Worked on iPhone app to interface remotely with Tesla ModelS. The tech press cited
- Worked on the in car software stack in C++ to develop both UI code and engine code.
RINNAPPS, San Diego, CA 2009 – 2011
iPhone App Developer
Developed iPhone Apps in Objective C to support education professionals. Apps developed included custom graphical UI components and made use of secure Internet connectivity.
- Second app, ArtikPix, was available at iPad launch and is often in Top 10 Grossing Education Apps.
- Brought multiple apps to market, including managing the submission process, and developing websites that include social networking marketing components.
AVAILITY, San Diego, CA 2010 – 2011
Senior iPhone Developer
Developed iPhone App in Objective C to support medical insurance services.
- Developed client app to communicate with REST services.
- Used up-to-date technologies, including Core Data and git, in a small, agile team.
MOTOROLA, San Diego, CA 2010
Senior iPhone Developer
Developed iPhone App in Objective C to support video related products.
- Developed streaming media option for existing app.
- Worked with a variety of issues involving multi-threading, server connectivity and user interface.
- Setup subversion source control for a small team.
QUALCOMM INC, San Diego, CA 2006 – 2009
Software Development Technical Training Specialist
Developed courseware and related source code in C/C++ and Perl for mobile apps, including 3D gaming, GPS, SMS, and internet connectivity. Trained test teams to verify porting of embedded software.
- Prepared software developers for the launch of a new gaming console for South America.
- Performed training that greatly reduced time for engineers to be productive writing mobile apps.
- Trained test engineers in a new version of a porting verification tool that greatly reduced support costs.
- Trained software engineers to facilitate introduction of new technologies such as accelerometers and touch screens.
SERVICE POINTE, Orlando, FL 1998 – 2006
Senior Technical Instructor
Trained network and UNIX administration on a wide variety of topics, including UNIX script and Perl development.
- Certified Administrator for both HP and SUN UNIX.
- Maintained UNIX machines for training, including developing automated lab preparation.
- Completed the training for J2ME development.
SEAGATE SOFTWARE, Lake Mary, FL 1995 – 1998
Programmed in C++ for an industry-leading shrink-wrapped application under Windows NT
- Lead a small team on a project that produced over $1 million in revenue in a month.
- Worked with translation team to port product to Japanese.
- Debugged cross platform client code that ran on the MAC, UNIX, and Windows.
MICRO DESIGN INT’L, Orlando, FL 1994 – 1995
Associate Software Engineer
Developed drivers and file systems for optical drive systems on a variety of OS’s.
- Contributed code to the file system standard used on DVD’s.
Masters Level Computer Science Courses – U of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
BS, Physics – CSUN, Northridge, CA
Lieutenant, US Navy – NUCLEAR POWER SCHOOL
Taught Nuclear Reactor Theory to officers and enlisted, including future aircraft carrier commanders.
BREW Mobile App Development and 3-D Gaming Development
Certified Extreme Network Specialist
HP Unix POSIX Shell Programming
SUN J2ME Development